Monday, August 8, 2011

Shades of Halloween



Apparently, I have All Hallows Eve on my mind. I chose these colors for my Blest Art Sampler and don't they just make you think of Halloween? That shade of green is wonderful. I'm not sure about the white, though. I might replace it with an acorn brown or perhaps a sunflower yellow? Sometimes I just have to stitch a little with a thread before I can make a final decision.


The linen is lovely too with all of these little black specks on it. The ladies at my LNS show think me odd because I'm the one asking for the most aged and mottled pieces of linen they have. Every time, the lady who cuts the linen for me sighs and shakes her head and wonders why I would want the "dirty" piece. It's a "prim" thing, isn't it? Please tell me I'm not alone :)


Recently I've been working on quite a few samplers. There's something soothing about stitching an alphabet. Borders drive me batty though. They don't have to actually meet in the corners do they? I had difficulty in this sampler getting the border to do just that. It's quite an unruley vine so rather than fight it I just let it grow it's own way. I like the way it turned out though and even though it's not a Halloween design I think the colors are just perfect. In a day or so I should have some progress to show you. Hopefully that wild vine will be easier to stitch than it was to design.


xoxo


Jennie Lynn

4 comments:

Catherine said...

No, it's not just you!! Love the spotted fabric and the colors. I can picture the white being the other colors you mentioned as well - can't wait to see what you come ip with!

cucki said...

wow..i love the colors..my fav one..cant wait to see what you going to stitch..happy stitching..xx

Dora said...

I'd love to see a Halloween sampler from you. I, too, love those dirty specks!!

Terri said...

What about purple?

I love the fabric, too.