Saturday, January 22, 2011

Bluebird


I got a comment and a couple of e-mails asking about my Bluebird. It hadn't actually occurred to me but it is one of my patterns. It's from years ago and I designed it for that beautiful blue toile which is the backing of the bird. It's funny where inspiration can come from.


The pattern is a somewhat randomly arranged alphabet of both upper and lower case letters. It's stitched over two on 40ct R & R Park City Blend using GA Barn Grey because it matched the blue in the fabric. It was finished into the bird and hung with tea stained silk ribbon. It spends most of its' time in my craftroom but recently moved to my diningroom because the blues so nicely reflected the icy winter weather we've been having.


Thank you for your kind words about it and if you're interested in the pattern let me know. The pattern would include the alphabet and a sewing pattern for the bird itself when stitched over two on 40ct. If stitched on another size linen the pattern would have to be resized which I typically do using the copier function on my printer. A printed pattern is $6.50 including shipping charges and an e-pattern is $5.00. If you're interested simply e-mail me at appleseedprim@yahoo.com or use the link on my sidebar.


xoxo


Jennie Lynn

4 comments:

Christine said...

It's really beautiful - lovely stitching!

Teri said...

Oh, how I love it...where can we find the pattern?

Jennie Lynn @ Appleseed Prim said...

I've actually updated the original post to include information on how to purchase the pattern. I have no idea why I left that out the first time. Hopefully all of you will forgive me my temporary lapse in brain function.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I'm your newest follower thanks to Threadwork Primitives. You do beautiful work and I'm really looking forward to seeing all your creations, hopefully to purchase a pattern in the near future!

Have a delightful week~